2. Before you begin…
- You will need a “host” computer to act as VPN server. These are the recommended system specs for the machine.
- 4 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of free disk space
- Windows 7+, macOS, or Linux
- Directly connected to your router (wireless connections are not recommended)
- Administrator access on the host machine.
- You will need to know your router’s IP address and login information.
- Read the HowToGeek guide to find your router’s IP address
- You will need the admin username and password. The default username and password can usually be found on a small sticker on the router. You can also look up default router credentials from this database.